Hanson Consulting Group is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative finance/accounting professional who enjoys working independently and with high levels of responsibility, to join our team!
This role focuses on the accounting rhythm of the business and other general finance/accounting related functions including post close reconciliations and reporting. This role also will support enhancing revenue recognition controls and policies, as well as providing support investigating and researching information to respond to accounting related questions.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position assists in the timely consumption of revenue information into a reporting repository.
- Supporting the GL close process during the financial rhythm of the business.
- Reconciliation oversight to ensure integrity in the financial results. A key contributor to the evaluation of revenue recognition issues with accounting analysis for all high-risk areas.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key Finance business partners.
- Process stewardship and improvements of activities. Facilitate change around new or existing processes, systems, or tools
- Providing expertise to special projects and other ad hoc requests
- Leverage SQL and other reporting systems to complete reconciliations and close activities
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years accounting or finance experience
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Experience supporting Accounting/Finance functions in software and technology industry a plus
- US GAAP knowledge and experience, with emphasis on ASC 606
- Basic SQL and research/analysis abilities
- Experience supporting ERP accounting and finance modules and the drivers that influence General Ledger account reconciliations
- Ability to collaborate and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organizations, and creating effective partnerships
- Proven strong financial and analytical skills
- Exceptional written, and oral communications to comfortably present data
- Must be a self-starter, well organized, adaptable, and able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- 100% employer-paid medical for employees through top-tier medical provider Cigna(Opens an external site) *
- 100% employer-paid Dental and Vision
- 100% employer-paid life insurance ($50k) and LTD
- 401k plan with match program with no vesting period
- Paid time off and sick leave
- 10 Paid holidays
- Flexible hours of work
- Passport Corporate Membership
- Hartford Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection
- Behavioral Health Resources (Ginger, Talkspace etc.) also available in partnership with medical provider Cigna
- Optional pet insurance through Figo
- Optional legal plan through MetLife/MetLaw
*This link leads to the MRFs that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule.