Hanson Consulting Group is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative Finance professional!
Hanson Consulting Group is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative Finance professional who enjoys working independently and with high levels of responsibility, to join our team supporting our client in the Tech industry. The ideal individual for this role will also have accounting experience, and proven technical experience utilizing SQL, BI reporting, and dashboards to support core business functions.
Our Finance & Accounting team focuses on the accounting rhythm of the business leading up to an integrant fiscal period close with post close reconciliations and reporting. We are responsible for enhancing and consulting on revenue recognition controls and policies, as well as researching revenue recognition questions.
This position assists in the timely consumption of revenue information into a reporting repository.
- Supporting the GL close process during the financial rhythm of the business. Partnering with the Team Leads for the fiscal close activities.
- Reconciliation oversight to ensure integrity in the financial results. A key contributor to the evaluation of revenue recognition issues with accounting analysis for all high-risk areas.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key Finance Business Partners and other supporting vendor teams.
- Process stewardship and improvements of activities. Facilitate change around new or existing processes, systems, or tools.
- Providing expertise to special projects and other ad hoc requests.
- Leverage SQL and other reporting systems to complete reconciliations, and close activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting/finance.
- 5+ years combined accounting or finance experience.
- Advanced technical skills- SQL, BI reporting, and data dashboards are required.
- Proven strong financial and analytical skills.
- Experience supporting accounting/finance functions in software and technology industry.
- Ability to collaborate and work within an ambiguous environment- influencing across multiple complex organizations and creating effective partnerships.
- Exceptional written, and oral communication skills to comfortably present data.
- A self-starter, well organized, adaptable, able to multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- US GAAP knowledge and experience, with emphasis on ASC 606 preferred.
- 100% employer-paid medical for employees through top-tier medical provider Cigna(Opens an external site) *
- 100% employer-paid Dental and Vision
- 100% employer-paid life insurance ($50k) and LTD
- 401k plan with match program with no vesting period
- Paid time off and sick leave
- 10 Paid holidays
- Flexible hours of work
- Passport Corporate Membership
- Hartford Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection
- Behavioral Health Resources (Ginger, Talkspace etc.) also available in partnership with medical provider Cigna
- Optional pet insurance through Figo
- Optional legal plan through MetLife/MetLaw
*This link leads to the MRFs that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule.