Hanson Consulting Group is seeking a technical genius, with a data analytics background, to join our team!
Hanson Consulting Group is seeking a technical genius, with a data analytics background, to join our team as a Technical Analyst supporting our client at Microsoft.
The individual in this role will help advise stakeholders by sharing data-based insights and compelling storytelling to achieve business objectives and priorities. They will also provide deep insights to partners, supporting key people and organizational decisions and initiatives, in addition to partnering with stakeholders and teams to grow data capabilities by enabling modern data solutions that will increase organizational impact through leveraging data.
It is critical to the success of this role that candidates have experience using Python. Candidates should be prepared to share work examples of leveraging Python in previous roles.
The ideal candidate will be working with our client’s team to accomplish two goals:
- Successfully support their program team.
- Be responsible for helping the analytics team to operationalize business rules by using Python in Azure. They will help transition analytical processes and methods for the group to leverage reusable templates, Python scripts, code blocks, and code to enable analysts to provide scalable insights to drive decisions.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Create templates, scripts, and code blocks using Python coding best practices to enable analysts to provide scalable insights to drive decisions.
- Train and upscale team on using the models created in Python including all readiness documentation.
- In partnership with a full-time analyst, design analytical approach, and deliver research and findings using data, visualizations, and effective storytelling techniques.
- Create notebooks and an analytical techniques kit for teams to choose from to help answer a wide range of high-impact business questions.
- Conduct needs analysis when needed.
- Partner but not directly pull data from other specialized areas as needed.
- Will be responsible for report content and utility in the consulting space for organizational partners and other stakeholders.
- Integrate data from various reporting platforms into usable content that can be included in client consulting meetings and presentations, including graphical representations of content.
- Create reporting if needed as a scalable self-service solution.
- Be agile and actively keep up for change management activities and the requirements for the team.
- Leverage a system thinking mindset, look to improve existing data reporting and use an inquisitive mindset to explore additional data that might inform on accuracy or validity of initial data signals.
- Document reporting and analytics as they occur for technical repeatability and future improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data analytics or related field
- 5+ years in a technical analyst related role
- Extensive understanding of and experience with Python
- Proficiency with PowerBI, Excel and PowerQuery
- Experience with creating and using data models
- PowerPoint (storytelling)
- Experience with Azure, or similar cloud-based platform (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Exceptional communication
- 100% employer-paid medical for employees through top-tier medical provider Cigna(Opens an external site) *
- 100% employer-paid Dental and Vision
- 100% employer-paid life insurance ($50k) and LTD
- 401k plan with match program with no vesting period
- Paid time off and sick leave
- 10 Paid holidays
- Flexible hours of work
- Passport Corporate Membership
- Hartford Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection
- Behavioral Health Resources (Ginger, Talkspace etc.) also available in partnership with medical provider Cigna
- Optional pet insurance through Figo
- Optional legal plan through MetLife/MetLaw
*This link leads to the MRFs that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule.